WHO WE ARE
RBRO Solutions is a software company that provides best of breed products to the legal and corporate legal markets. Come work with a modern agile team working with the latest and greatest technologies to ensure that we continue to innovate and remain as one of the top companies in our industry. We are passionate about serving our customers all around the globe with the best technology possible.
- Our Core Values are: Innovation, Experience, Excellence, Partnership, Balance, Integrity, Diversity, & Gratitude
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Build your career with a vibrant technology company
- Be challenged and work in a collaborative team environment
- Look forward to a competitive salary and medical benefits
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Data & Migration Consultant, this person is an integral member of the Professional Services team and has very strong technical skills and experience. An understanding of the inner workings of a variety of organizations, particularly in the legal sector would be a strong asset. The Data & Migration Consultant will work collaboratively with our Solutions Consultants and provide technical consulting, deployment and troubleshooting as well as data migration services during small and large-scale software implementation projects.
This role requires an individual to have a diverse skill set; proven experience in a highly technical role, great organizational and time management skills; strong trouble-shooting to enable successful completion of software implementations on time, in scope and within budget while being able to overcome complex technical challenges. Previous experience as a consultant in a professional services team is a must.
As a Data & Migration consultant your responsibilities will be to:
- Provide technical leadership to RBRO clients and assist in the delivery of projects throughout the project life cycle
- Interpret and execute on defined system requirements and provide support to resolve problems or enhance their understanding of systems
- Provide professional services outside of normal office hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Provide post-implementation support to our clients around RBRO products and solutions
- Provide direction to clients regarding best practices around information management
- Advising clients during the project of the technical feasibility of the proposed solutions
- Review and validate functional specifications and related design elements for client implementations
- Be the escalation point for technical questions arising from business and technology groups on multiple peer levels
- Work with clients to review functional specifications incorporating both business and technical requirements for custom development solutions
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation regarding implemented systems
- Develop and/or execute system integration testing as part of RBRO’s software development process
- Apply relational database and data management skills to migrate data between environments, on-premise or cloud (filesystem file migrations, SQL, or via REST API based applications and custom scripting)
- Perform data validation tests before and after migration of data to improve data quality and know what unavoidable issues to anticipate
- Work with data migration tools and programming scripts (REST-based API via Postman / Powershell / Python)
- Fine tune and refine existing data import processes and establish new ones.
- Manage data migration testing and reporting.
- Help identify design and user interface improvements
- Work on multiple data migration projects simultaneously
- Collaborating with team members and client resources to review, recommend and implement complex solutions covering IT and related business problems.
- Assisting clients to understand how best to take advantage of related technologies in their environment
- Provide training to RBRO clients and staff for various systems and methods as required
- Collaborate with our internal team on quality assurance, client needs, issues resolution and to create and execute action plans
- Travel as required in support of active projects; valid passport required
- Perform various other duties as delegated or assigned
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- Five (5) plus years’ business experience in IT (data migrations and/or data operations) and business related hands-on technical execution; preference given to experience working in a legal or professional services verticals
- Proven experience with Windows Server and Client Technologies for example Windows Server 2012+/ Windows 7+
- Active Directory
- Authentication Schemes (SAML) etc…
- Application and Web Hosting
- Solid knowledge of the windows environment and able to effectively navigate windows desktop and server environments.
- Solid understanding of configuration files and windows registry is also important
- BA/BS (computer science or related field) or post-secondary diploma/certificate in Database programming/engineering. (Nice to have)
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with relational databases including SQL views, procedures, functions, and cursors (MUST)
- Exposure and/or hands-on experience in Programming skills with scripts/programming languages to be able to perform complex data migration tasks
- Familiarity with SQL Management environment and data migration tools
- Good practical understanding of the ETL process
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to recognize data patterns
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word and PowerPoint; Advanced Excel skills (formulas and macros)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent team work and collaboration skills
- Detail oriented and excellent time and project management skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently under general direction
- Strong client facing communication skills
WHAT RBRO OFFERS:
Our growing organization with a global presence offers a great work environment:
- Work from Home/Remote Work
- Comprehensive full health benefits plan with disability insurance
- Entrepreneurial culture where collaboration and ideas are valued
- Progressive green policies and tools that are environmentally friendly
- Flexible work options including flex hours, telecommuting and summer hours
- Energetic and stimulating work environment with annual employee awards and regular employee events
Interested applicants can forward their résumé and cover letter via the online form below.
Please no phone calls. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly by RBRO. You must be legally eligible to work in Canada. RBRO Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through the recruitment and selection process based on the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please advise us of any needs when your interview is booked.