RBRO Solutions, a leading unification business solutions provider, is a company dedicated to helping organizations get the greatest value from their business content and work processes. The company is trusted globally by over 400,000 business users and has worked with over 500 medium, large and Fortune 500 companies. RBRO has successfully delivered thousands of implementations, and the company’s strategic consultants offer visionary leadership to its clients by obtaining value from their content and driving greater efficiencies.
Close to 30 proprietary RBRO business solutions seamlessly support mission-critical business systems for top legal and corporate brands worldwide. The company was established in 2003 at the forefront of the enterprise content management, big data and document management era, and continues as a leader in its approach.
Currently, RBRO is seeking a Technical Consultant to join our global Consulting team. This newly created role will be based in Pickering, ON and will report to the Consulting Manager. The successful candidate will help RBRO’s growth that specializes in implementing and supporting content management systems and business process applications.
In this role, you will work closely with our global Consulting team. RBRO will provide necessary training courses for solutions we specialize in and continued on-the-job training. Successful candidates will need to have met the educational requirements or related experience outlined below. You will have the opportunity to work directly with clients implementing document management systems, business process platforms, supporting applications and technologies.
The role will also play a critical customer care role providing Tier 1 and 2 support to our clients. The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter and adaptable; have a passion for technology; be a strong verbal and written communicator; have proven time management skills; and a desire to develop their skills and learn our business.
In this role, you will:
- Build your career with a thriving technology company
- Work in Pickering where you can reduce your commuting time and avoid traffic headaches
- Interact with technology in some of the world’s largest organizations
- Enjoy medical benefits and a competitive salary
If you want to become an integral member of a progressive organization and take your career to the next level, look no further. As an enthusiastic professional, your responsibilities will include:
- Work as a team member to deliver implementations, configurations and upgrade projects by performing technical implementations and providing primary technical support interface with clients
- Provide 1st and 2nd level technical support to respond to complex customer inquiries and resolve them through diligent research, reproduction and troubleshooting
- Data transfer facilitation and troubleshooting
- Learn new technologies and concepts in order to grow ability to take on more complex tasks
- Manage day-to-day client interaction
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate to join our team would have the following:
- College or university graduate in a computer science, technology related program
- Minimum two (2) plus years of technology operations/support/implementation experience preferably in the legal or accounting vertical is a great asset
- Experience with application integration design and architecture methodologies
- Proven ability with Microsoft SQL query writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with exceptional listening and interpersonal skills used to build rapport with clients and diverse audiences in a variety of settings
- Goal oriented to achieve project deadlines through self-motivation, persistence and determination
- Strong technical aptitude, imagination and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to excellence in delivery
- The job is mostly office-based, working as a member of a project team.
- Occasional travel may be necessary depending on client needs.
- Project work may require you to work outside of normal core hours.
- Tier 1 and 2 support may require you to work outside of normal core hours.
- The work may be stressful and fast-paced, particularly when client deadlines need to be met.
WHAT RBRO OFFERS:
Our growing organization with a global presence offers a great work environment:
- Head office in the Greater Toronto Area; close to the Pickering GO train station
- Comprehensive full health benefits plan with disability insurance
- Entrepreneurial culture where collaboration and ideas are valued
- Progressive green policies and tools that are environmentally friendly
- Flexible work options including flex hours, telecommuting and summer hours
- Energetic and simulating work environment with annual employee awards and regular employee events
Interested applicants can forward their résumé and cover letter via the online form below.
Please no phone calls. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly by RBRO. You must be legally eligible to work in Canada. RBRO Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through the recruitment and selection process based on the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please advise us of any needs when your interview is booked.
|Job Category||Technical Consultant|