RBRO Solutions, a leading business solutions provider, is a company dedicated to helping organizations get the greatest value from their business content and work processes. The company is trusted globally by over 400,000 business users and has worked with over 500 medium, large and Fortune 500 companies. RBRO has successfully delivered thousands of implementations, and the company’s strategic consultants offer visionary leadership to its clients by obtaining value from their content and driving greater efficiencies.
RBRO business solutions seamlessly support mission-critical business systems for top legal and corporate brands worldwide. The company was established in 2003 at the forefront of the enterprise content management, big data and document management era, and continues as a leader in its approach.
We are seeking an individual with strong applications and network administration capabilities to join our Professional Services team at our Canadian head office in Pickering, Ontario.
As a Technical Consultant, this person is an integral member of the Professional Services team and has very strong technical skills and experience. An understanding of the inner workings of a variety of organizations, particularly in the legal sector would be a strong asset. The Technical Consultant will work collaboratively with our Solutions Consultants and provide technical consulting, deployment and troubleshooting as well as data migration services during small and large-scale software implementation projects.
This role requires an individual to have a diverse skill set; proven experience in a highly technical role, great organizational and time management skills; strong trouble-shooting to enable successful completion of software implementations on time, in scope and within budget while being able to overcome complex technical challenges.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Consulting
- Collaborating with team members and client resources to review, recommend and implement complex solutions covering IT and related business problems
- Assisting clients to understand how best to take advantage of related technologies in their environment
- Provide direction to clients regarding best practices around information management
- Effective time management skills to ensure projects are executed within scope, on time and within budget and escalating issues when this is not possible
- Advising clients during the project of the technical feasibility of the proposed solutions
- Review and validate functional specifications and related design elements for client implementations
- Be the escalation point for technical questions arising from business and technology groups on multiple peer levels
- Provide technical leadership to RBRO clients and assist in the delivery of projects throughout the project life cycle
- Work with clients to review functional specifications incorporating both business and technical requirements for custom development solutions
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation regarding implemented systems
- Develop and/or execute system integration testing as part of RBRO’s software development process
- Interpret and execute on defined system requirements and provide support to resolve problems or enhance their understanding of systems
- Provide training to RBRO clients and staff for various systems and methods as required
- Collaborate with our internal team on quality assurance, client needs, issues resolution and to create and execute action plans
- Provide post-implementation support to our clients around RBRO products and solutions
- Provide professional services outside of normal office hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Travel as required in support of active projects; valid passport required
- Perform various other duties as delegated or assigned
- Minimum five years business experience in IT and business-related, hands-on technical execution; preference given to experience working in a legal or professional services verticals
- Proven experience with Windows Server and Client Technologies for example Windows Server 2012+/ Windows 7+
- Active Directory
- Authentication Schemes (SAML, OAuth), etc.
- Disk Storage Technologies
- Replication and Load Balancing
- Group Policy
- Application and Web Hosting
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- SQL Server Database administration and TSQL scripting
- Windows Server Administration and Role Management
- VPN/Citrix configurations
- Software management and deployment
- Batch scripting and process
- Able to multi-task and provide creative technical solutions in high-pressure situations
- Proven ability to learn and assimilate new technologies into existing practice, quickly and effectively
- Effective interpersonal skills and active listening skills when dealing with clients both face-to-face and remotely
- Focused on operational and service excellence
- Self-motivated and strong determination to produce results in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills including ability to deliver quality work on time and on budget while working on multiple projects
- Excellent record keeping and reporting skills
- Ability to condense complex technical information into succinct summaries suitable for audiences with any level of technical familiarity
- Five or more years of experience with electronic document management/records management systems
- Previous experience with enterprise BPM software such as K2, Metastorm or Nintex considered an asset
- Demonstrated systems literacy skills with working knowledge of document management solutions, such as iManage Work, OpenText, Documentum or Worlddox
WHAT RBRO OFFERS:
Our growing organization with a global presence offers a great work environment:
- Head office in the Greater Toronto Area; close to the Pickering GO train station
- Comprehensive full health benefits plan with disability insurance
- Entrepreneurial culture where collaboration and ideas are valued
- Progressive green policies and tools that are environmentally friendly
- Flexible work options including flex hours, telecommuting and summer hours
- Energetic and simulating work environment with annual employee awards and regular employee events
Apply today! Come build your career with us!
Please no phone calls. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly by RBRO. You must be legally eligible to work in Canada. RBRO Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through the recruitment and selection process based on the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please advise us of any needs when your interview is booked.
|Job Category||Technical Consultant|